Friday, January 21, 2011

spring? soon????

Look what arrived in the mail (Thursday)

The chicken catalog from the hatchery we ordered from last year.

I was so excited.
Not really about getting chickens. I'm still not sure if I want to do more this year. Especially not meat birds, since we still have something like 14 birds in the freezer.
I'm seriously thinking about doing some exotic bantam breeds, and then trying to hatch chicks...well see...

But what I was really, REALLY excited about, was the idea that you can start ordering chick...as in SPRING is around the corner. (knock on wood)

Actually our weather finally broke tonight. One of the weather networks actually reported us a 1 degree tonight. 1 DEGREE - Like on the plus side. Not the minus.
Of course its about 4 days overdue from when the said we were suppose to get it, so I'm not going to hold my breath, when they way it suppose to be like this for the next 5 or so days.

But doing chores tonight wasn't half bad. So no complaints.

No comments:

Post a Comment