Monday, August 30, 2010

Quick Road Trip


I've been dying to get one of these water tanks for the goats. I'm loving the idea of not having to worry about their water freezing all winter, But I wasn't loving the price. They start at over $400.

So I found a used one (where else but kijiji) and took the kids on a road trip most of the day to go get it. (the human children not the goat kids) The Area up around Saint Paul is so picturesque.

It's in rougher shape. Needs a good cleaning. and some wires reattached (funny we know an electrician ~My Dad) and a new hose.  But for $100 instead of 4 I figure we've still done better. Although Chris is really starting to love my cheapness...me cheap = Chris has ANOTHER job.

Since it probably need a paint job anyways. I'm thinking of painting it matte black on the outside. I read a blog a few days ago saying that by painting all his watering tanks black one guy had managed to cut his energy consumption considerably. Since the black absorbs the UV rays and naturally heats the tank quite a bit on its own. Hey if you have to paint it, might as well do it in a useful color.

No comments:

Post a Comment