Saturday, May 2, 2009

Mending fences

It was a big FENCE day around here,
We we're excited because the previous owner was true to his word and showed up with new gate (Yay- no more plywood gate to the outbuildings) and put them up today to replace the gate~ which were actually pieces of their horse trailer that they took with them.

Daddy and Nathan nailed the few boards that were falling off in the one front paddock

and this....has been an issue since the snow melted and I realized what it is...

Our front field has water in it, which I assumed was just standing water from the winter that would evaporate soon enough...umm. NO.
this is apparently actually a small dugout...small by livestock standards I guess, but it happens to be about 10 feet deep in the middle and is only a few hundred yards from the front of the house.
I've been having nightmares about a two year old running straight into it.
So tonight after the little guy was in bed Chris and I started installing garden wire fencing to the inside of the rail fence. I figure it will probably only keep Nathan back for so long, but at least he can no longer just dive under or through the fence, He'll have to carefully climb it, which will hopefully give me time to catch him, if he makes a break for it!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love it so far! The pics are great and it's nice to know what's going on!

    ReplyDelete